One of the most beautiful and natural wonders attached to our wonderful hometown is, of course, the Fraser River.
The Mighty Fraser is the longest river within British Columbia, Canada, rising at Fraser Pass in the Rocky Mountains and flowing for 1,375 kilometres, into the Strait of Georgia, Vancouver.
This river has been bringing salmon and water to its people along its banks, throughout the ages, and is the 11th longest river in Canada.
The Fraser also happens to be one of the largest salmon spawning rivers in the world, and is one of only three rivers in British Columbia, in which the white sturgeon spawn. These primitive, enormous and bony fish have thrived in the Fraser River for millennia and can live up to 150 years and weigh in at over 1000 pounds.
Activities on the Fraser River include;
- Sturgeon & Salmon Fishing
- Kayaking / Canoeing / Boating
- White Water Rafting
In 1998, the Fraser was named a Canadian Heritage River and Mission has the advantage to be located right on the banks of this incredible and powerful river.
Take the time on a sunny day to enjoy a lovely, little walk along the boardwalk at Jack Poole Harbourside Park and admire the beauty of our Fraser River marina.
Just another fabulous reason to move to Mission.
Real Estate in Mission is still holding strong.
- Sales for detached homes in Mission have increased by 88.4% since this time last year. Sales are down by 9.0% since last month.
- Mission Townhouse sales have decreased by 50.0% since this time last year and by 37.5% since last month. New listings are down by 50%.
- Apartments sales have remained consistent, staying steady. There has been an increased by 66.7% since last month.